John Biggs is a writer, consultant, programmer, former East Coast Editor and current contributing writer for TechCrunch. He writes mainly about technology, cryptocurrency, security, gadgets, gear, wristwatches, and the internet. After spending his formative years as a programmer, he switched his profession and became a full-time entrepreneur and writer. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Laptop, PC Upgrade, Surge, Gizmodo, Men’s Health, InSync, Linux Journal, Popular Science, Sync, and he has written a book called Black Hat: Misfits, Criminals, and Scammers in the Internet Age.
He builds products, writes books, and consults with startups to help them make cool things.
John Biggs runs the BWL family of blogs, SlushPile.net, Audiomonger, and WristWatchReview.com. I record the HourTime Podcast and the Technotopia Podcast. I am former CEO of Freemit.com, a fintech startup that I started with some old friends.
Born in 1975, he currently resides in Brooklyn, NY.
John Biggs owns and maintains cryptocurrencies in a private account and has been consulting with startups regarding blockchain-based products. He also edits and writes for startup clients.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/007232585681.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Unusual Ventures Our founders are changing the future.
- Sean Li Co-founder, CEO at Magic Labs.
- What the Frac Fractionalised ownership in digital assets.
- Emiliano Bonassi Co-founder of DeFi Italy.
- Prysm Group Blockchain economics & governance design firm led by PhD economists.
- Sergio Mello CEO at Tangem.
- impactMarket The financial infrastructure for the new impact economy.
- Jordan Lazaro Gustave COO at Aave.
- pTokens The team behind $pBTC.
- Carsten Munk CTO at Zippie.