Faithful Roman Catholic, husband, father of six children, and Bitcoin Core developer.
Luke Dashjr, known in the Bitcoin world as Luke-Jr, is a Bitcoin Core developer and the founder of Eligis mining pool. He has made over 200 contributions to Bitcoin Core, and maintains the Bitcoin Improvement Proposals section on GitHub.
Dashjr has been contributing to Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin since 2011. Segregated Witness, a proposal that among other improvements increases Bitcoin’s transaction capacity, was implemented as a soft-work with Dashjr’s help.
Released in 2014 , Dashjr’s BFG Miner has become one of the most widely used implementations of Bitcoin mining software. It supports a wide range of mining hardware and is available on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Dashjr founded Eligius, one of the first Bitcoin mining pools. Today it amounts to less than 1% of the Bitcoin network hashrate. Eligius is an anonymous mining pool and no registration is required.
Dashjr is responsible for BIPs 22 and 23. BIP 22 added protocol support for long polling, which allowed to be notified of new templates immediately. BIP 23 allows miners to “check the basic validity of their next block before expending work on it, reducing risks of accidental hardforks or mining invalid blocks.”
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/053899570675.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Hackathon Money 30 DAY VIRTUAL HACKATHON.
- David Canillas Racero Software architect, Blockchain.
- Wandora Box The first ever Wanchain mainnet DApp game.
- CoinistPodcast The conversations that you can't miss as a cryptoasset investor.
- LSAT Lightning Service Authentication Token.
- Connor Dempsey Marketing Lead at Messari.
- Emergents The First Game on Tezos Blockchain.
- Deimantas Spucys Buidler on Ethereum blockchain.
- LEND721 Lend and borrow Ethereum ERC-721 tokens.
- Giancarlo Otarola Frontend Software Engineer at Fleek.