Equity research, with a focus on using complex datasets to understand company fundamentals. Experience in fintech, equities, early-stage investing, crypto, writing. Looking for a bigger next-big-thing.
From 2008-12, I worked in online marketing, mostly search. I worked on the agency side (Blue Fountain Media), as a consultant (Digital Due Diligence, with my cofounder Doug Pierce), and in-house at Yahoo.
2012-present, I've focused primarily on data-driven equity research. I've used numerous sources (web traffic, web scraping, transaction data, Google Trends, and more) to identify and refine investment theses. On the technology side, this has primarily involved Python (numpy/pandas), Spark (pyspark, Scala), and Postgres, with exploratory work in Excel.
My worst trade ever was dismissing Bitcoin as a dumb fad in 2011. My best trade ever was buying a tiny bit anyway in 2012.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/065204894043.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Avalanche Open-source platform for launching dapps in a highly-scalable ecosystem.
- HBTC Chain Next-Generation Decentralized Custody and Clearing Technology.
- Z.com Stablecoin Currency for the Future.
- ZILD Protocol of mutual decentralized wealth.
- WGRT Decentralized financial system built on the bottom layer of public chain.
- Oasis Network Open Money, Open Finance, and now Open Data.
- Chase Wright Network Security Engineer, Totally not a developer.
- Archive Node Bring archive data on the Ethereum blockchain to small time developers.
- Graeme Thurgood CEO at InShare SMART Risk.
- Ghost Privacy-Focused & Decentralized Ecosystem.