Equity research, with a focus on using complex datasets to understand company fundamentals. Experience in fintech, equities, early-stage investing, crypto, writing. Looking for a bigger next-big-thing.
From 2008-12, I worked in online marketing, mostly search. I worked on the agency side (Blue Fountain Media), as a consultant (Digital Due Diligence, with my cofounder Doug Pierce), and in-house at Yahoo.
2012-present, I've focused primarily on data-driven equity research. I've used numerous sources (web traffic, web scraping, transaction data, Google Trends, and more) to identify and refine investment theses. On the technology side, this has primarily involved Python (numpy/pandas), Spark (pyspark, Scala), and Postgres, with exploratory work in Excel.
My worst trade ever was dismissing Bitcoin as a dumb fad in 2011. My best trade ever was buying a tiny bit anyway in 2012.
- Byrne Hobart post a tweet @browserdotsys I’m confident this is true, but wish there were a good measurement.11 hours ago
- 16 hours ago
- 16 hours ago
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/065204894043.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Edmund Hillary Fellowship Community of high-impact entrepreneurs, investors, and startups in New Zealand.
- Onchain consulting Building the future.
- Rene Schmidt Managing Director at Qwellcode GmbH.
- Cypherplugs Devices with a power source, serve Arweave network.
- Graham Friedman Director at Republic Advisory Service.
- Tuku Data should be available to everyone, all the time, forever.
- Victor Rortvedt Developer at The Gathering.
- TheDAO.Agency Helping create a better, decentralised world.
- Dan Forbes Developer Relations Consultant at Parity Technologies.
- Virgil Capital Trade global arbitrage opportunities.