Katie is a General Partner at Andreessen Horowitz, a Silicon Valley based tech venture capital firm. Katie serves as an independent director at Coinbase, where she chairs its Audit and Risk Committee, and HackerOne. She has testified before both houses of Congress on the intersection of technology and regulation, and teaches at Stanford's GSB.
Before becoming a venture capitalist, Katie spent a decade as a federal prosecutor with the U.S. Department of Justice, where she focused on fraud, cyber, and corporate crime alongside agencies including the SEC, FBI, and Treasury and created the government’s first cryptocurrency task force. While at the Justice Department, she prosecuted RICO murders, organized crime, public corruption, gangs, and money laundering. She also held senior positions at Justice Department headquarters in both the National Security Division and Attorney General’s office. Katie clerked for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy and is an honors graduate of Stanford Law School.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/072142402088.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Unusual Ventures Our founders are changing the future.
- Sean Li Co-founder, CEO at Magic Labs.
- What the Frac Fractionalised ownership in digital assets.
- Emiliano Bonassi Co-founder of DeFi Italy.
- Prysm Group Blockchain economics & governance design firm led by PhD economists.
- Sergio Mello CEO at Tangem.
- impactMarket The financial infrastructure for the new impact economy.
- Jordan Lazaro Gustave COO at Aave.
- pTokens The team behind $pBTC.
- Carsten Munk CTO at Zippie.