James Blakemore is Partner at Blakemore Fallon and Ketsal Consulting.
James Blakemore, '13, is co-founder of the blockchain consultancy Ketsal Consulting LLC, and co-founder of Blakemore, Fallon, Garcia, Rosini & Russo PLLC, a blockchain-focused law firm. In practice, he represents a variety of blockchain companies, including developers and centralized and decentralized digital asset trading platforms. At the Law School he teaches Blockchain and the Law, and his research interests include the application of the federal securities and commodities laws to cryptocurrency.
Prior to co-founding Ketsal Consulting, Professor Blakemore was an associate at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, where he represented foreign sovereigns, central banks, state-owned entities, and global financial institutions. The matters he worked on included class-action securities litigation, disputes related to foreign exchange high-frequency trading platforms, and regulatory investigations into allegedly manipulative trading practices in foreign exchange and sovereign debt markets. He also served as a clerk to The Hon. John Dowdell of the Northern District of Oklahoma and interned for Ricardo Luis Lorenzetti, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Argentina.
Professor Blakemore holds a JD, magna cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School. He also holds, from the University of Utah, a master's degree in British and American literature and a bachelor's degree, summa cum laude, in English and Spanish.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/128454831347.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Diego Mazo Strategic & Service Design Professor at University of the Andes.
- UpSideDai Take a HIGHLY leveraged position on the future price of DAI.
- James Simpson Co-founder & CEO, mStable.
- NFT Alert Never miss another NFT release.
- Henrik Andersson Chief Investment Officer at Apollo Capital.
- Meister Associates Specializing in software architecture and implementation.
- Will Meister Vice President Of Engineering at Optimism.
- Phemex Fastest Cryptocurrency And Derivatives Exchange.
- Auryn Macmillan Ethereum consultant.
- clr.fund Permissionless quadratic funding.