Physicist turned serial entrepreneur. Currently in fintech & cryptocurrencies at Unchained Capital, formerly in cloud & big data.
I’m a jack-of-all-trades entrepreneur & technologist. I do math, build models, gather requirements from customers, bang out code, crunch data, design cloud environments, fundraise, ideate business models, automate stacks, make tasty powerpoints, train AIs, sell deals, architect applications, & crack-wise. If you’ve worked with me, you know: I run 100% of the time on passion and I talk too much.
I started out my career as a scientist, working on my PhD in statistical physics at UT Austin. I studied a variety of traditional and non-traditional systems, typically from the perspective of networks, transport, & thermal/statistical processes. The work got even more interesting for me when we started to plug in real-world datasets which led to a whole new life (and new obsession) of programming against huge amounts of data.
I co-founded Infochimps while I was still at UT. We started out trying to bring great data to the masses but found success with a Big Data platform that we installed and managed for the Enterprise. Infochimps grew through great investors and amazing employees and was acquired in August, 2013 by CSC.
At about the same time I became intensely curious about Bitcoin. In 2015, when I left CSC, I spent months going "down the rabbit hole" learning about and programming against Bitcoin. In 2016 I co-founded Unchained Capital, a financial services company building products for long-term cryptocurrency holders. Our first product was a BTC-collateralized USD loan which we launched in June, 2017, making us one of the first crypto-backed lenders in the US. We recently launched a "collaborative custody" solution which offers Bitcoin holders greater security without sacrificing their sovereignty.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/131079408236.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- The Nemesis Change the world of gaming, social and entertainment.
- Marco Di Maggio Professor at Harvard Business.
- Jelly Cross-Chain Atomic Swap Protocol.
- Nicholas Platias Head of Research at Terra.
- Anchor Protocol Creating the reference interest rate across the universe of blockchains.
- Yorke E. Rhodes III Co-Founder of Blockchain at Microsoft.
- Justin J. Moses CTO at Synthetix.
- Smart Contract Virtual Summit Connect, share and showcase.
- Token MultiSender Send thousands of transfers in a few transactions.
- Michael McCaffrey CEO at The Block.