MakerDAO is “Decentralized Autonomous Organization” (“DAO”) operating on the Ethereum blockchain. At its core, MakerDAO permits the creation of a decentralized ‘stablecoin’ on Ethereum called Dai. A stablecoin is a token that seeks to eliminate price volatility, effectively tracking the price of a fiat currency like the US dollar. 1 Dai = 1 USD. In contrast to Dai which is a stablecoin that is suitable for payments and savings, MKR is a token that has a volatile price because of its unique supply mechanics and role on the Maker platform. MKR is a utility token, governance token and recapitalization resource of the Maker system.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/183335101255.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Matataki Find your partners in a wink, maximize the creativity for communities.
- Paybase Raising the bar of what payments can and should do!
- Chris Wessels Technical Lead at ConsenSys.
- Crypto Coinference The first Italian conference totally dedicated to crypto currencies.
- Amelia Tomasicchio Co-Founder and Editor in Chief at The Cryptonomist.
- This Week in Crypto Stay Woke Anywhere You Podcast.
- Christopher Whinfrey Co-Founder at Authereum.
- DAppLadies Creating a community of women in technology.
- Upstate Interactive The right software can change everything.
- Kseniya Lifanova Co-Founder, Partner, Smart Contract Developer at Upstate Interactive LLC.