Ten years ago, in 2008, we saw the financial system wobble to the point of collapse due to a series of bad practices by the largest global financial institutions. Never, in the last 30 years, have the users felt so unprotected, nor have the problems of the existence of a centralized financial system, in which the decision of a few can destabilize the lives of millions of people, have been so obvious.
Only a few months later, in January 2009, Satoshi Nakamoto, the anonymous creator of bitcoin, wrote in his first transaction "Chancellor On Brink Of Second Bailout For Banks" referring to the bank rescue about to be announced by the United Kingdom. And so Bitcoin was born, as the first real alternative to the international centralized system that governs to this day.
At Exponent Capital we firmly believe that this new paradigm is superior to existing centralized models, since sovereignty returns to the individual, and allows us to dispense with intermediaries that do not always have the incentives properly aligned with their users. At Exponent Capital we are helping the development of this new financial system.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/269676225092.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Unusual Ventures Our founders are changing the future.
- Sean Li Co-founder, CEO at Magic Labs.
- What the Frac Fractionalised ownership in digital assets.
- Emiliano Bonassi Co-founder of DeFi Italy.
- Prysm Group Blockchain economics & governance design firm led by PhD economists.
- Sergio Mello CEO at Tangem.
- impactMarket The financial infrastructure for the new impact economy.
- Jordan Lazaro Gustave COO at Aave.
- pTokens The team behind $pBTC.
- Carsten Munk CTO at Zippie.