Big Neon is a ticketing platform built to serve the unique needs of independent music promoters. It is open source and mobile-first.
We are drawing on our deep industry experience to design features that reimagine how ticketing works. Out of the gate, the Big Neon platform will support key features promoters have come to expect, such as best in class email, website and social tools. We’ve also streamlined how promoters set up events, define and sell from holds, and designed a beautiful mobile-first ticket buying experience. Initially, Big Neon will use a relational database (PosgreSQL). But central to our goal of changing the ticketing industry is for Big Neon to eventually issue tickets on the Tari blockchain. By issuing tickets on Tari, we hope to eliminate counterfeit tickets and enable promoters and venue owners to directly participate when their tickets are resold.
The Big Neon team has been at the cutting edge of technology and music promotion for decades. We’ve co-founded and led some of the most notable ticketing companies, including the largest exit in the global ticketing industry. We are proud of what we’ve accomplished in the past but even more excited for what comes next. When we started developing Big Neon, we met with dozens of leading promoters and venue owners. We heard how competitive the business has become and how existing platforms have become stagnant. A big problem we heard is that promoters and artists — the original economic participants in the sale of a ticket — don't benefit when their tickets are re-sold. They deserve better.
To software developers who are interested in the Big Neon project, please let us know your thoughts on our repos. We would love your help to make Big Neon the best open-source ticketing platform in the world.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/390877575325.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- What the Frac Fractionalised ownership in digital assets.
- Emiliano Bonassi Co-founder of DeFi Italy.
- Prysm Group Blockchain economics & governance design firm led by PhD economists.
- Sergio Mello CEO at Tangem.
- impactMarket The financial infrastructure for the new impact economy.
- Jordan Lazaro Gustave COO at Aave.
- pTokens The team behind $pBTC.
- Carsten Munk CTO at Zippie.
- Bitcoin Tuesday Nonprofits who accept crypto donations are at the forefront of adoption.
- Edson Ayllon Project management at Ethereum Cat Herders.