SciFi VC invests in early stage companies whose defensibility is derived from hard technical feats, network effects, and complex highly regulated industries.
In 2011, Max Levchin started HVF as a container entity for all sorts of data-related projects: ideation, incubation, investing, other things starting with letter 'i'. In the last 5 years HVF has been a highly rewarding exercise in both thinking and doing. We incubated and seeded Glow and Affirm, and invested in over 50 startups.
We also began to distinguish HVF Labs, which recruits teams and incubates our own ideas, from HVF Investments, focused solely on helping external teams solve truly important problems in innovative ways. Both teams have grown over time, resulting in the need to create more distinct identities.
Today, HVF Investments have a new name — SciFi VC. SciFi stands for Science Finance, because as financiers, we focus a lot of our attention on really hard (valuable!) problems where solutions require intense curiosity, intellectual depth, and often science.
Furthermore, it's an acknowledgement of our collective roots in fintech investing. We are excited to continue helping and learning with the industry’s most outstanding innovators, such as existing investments Artivest, True Accord, OpenDoor, Ellevest, Blend Labs, Gusto, and numerous others.
And finally, for me personally, it’s a nod to what we’ve always seen as the mission of venture capital — to take risks in the service of transforming science-fiction into reality.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/421236724213.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Steve Ellis Co-Founder and CTO at SmartContract.com.
- CYBAVO Secure and usable cryptocurrency wallet for daily business operation.
- Jelurida Think Blockchain. Experience Blockchain.
- Data For Science Take Control Of Your Data.
- Brian Hershey VC at Eight Roads Ventures.
- Guillaume Palayer Co-founder of BeToken Fund.
- DLTLAB Distributed Ledger Technology development studio.
- Astro Ledger Funding space grants with blockchain star naming.
- Craig Hawco Privacy and Machine Learning Engineer for CryptoNumerics.
- Infinity Blockchain Labs IBL.