Blockchain technology represents one of the greatest generational opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors.
Tally Capital is a private investment firm focused on blockchain-enabled technology.
The name tally is derived from tally sticks, a form of currency initiated by King Henry I around 1100 in medieval England. The system of tally marks consisted of notches cut along the edge of a polished wooden stick to signify denominations, and then split in half so each counterparty had a receipt of the transaction — this is analogous to the way public key and private key technology behaves in Bitcoin.
Over the course of 726 years, the British Empire was built and financed under the tally stick system, making it one of the most successful forms of currency in history. The Bank of England at its formation attacked the tally stick system as they realized it was money outside the power of the money changers. By 1834, the tallies were ordered to be burned by the Bank of England, and in the process the fire went out of control and nearly destroyed Parliament.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/426923820056.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Unusual Ventures Our founders are changing the future.
- Sean Li Co-founder, CEO at Magic Labs.
- What the Frac Fractionalised ownership in digital assets.
- Emiliano Bonassi Co-founder of DeFi Italy.
- Prysm Group Blockchain economics & governance design firm led by PhD economists.
- Sergio Mello CEO at Tangem.
- impactMarket The financial infrastructure for the new impact economy.
- Jordan Lazaro Gustave COO at Aave.
- pTokens The team behind $pBTC.
- Carsten Munk CTO at Zippie.