Brain behind Lightning Network, Plasma, and writer of the OMG whitepaper.
Joseph Poon is co-founder of Lightning Labs, which is implementing the Lightning Network White Paper Poon wrote to solve limitations in the Bitcoin blockchain. It’s designed to give Bitcoin trustless support for thousands of very low-cost transactions per second. In addition to overcoming Bitcoin’s scaling limitations, it adds capability for cross-chain transactions, privacy protection, micropayments, payment receipts, and multi-hop payments. Poon is also on the team that’s building OmiseGo, a proof-of-stake blockchain, and the decentralized ethereum-based exchange that will use OmiseGo to let crypto investors trade almost any currency, both fiat and crypto, with each other directly rather than through third-party companies. The OmiseGo blockchain is expected to launch Q4 2017.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/433494183883.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Auryn Macmillan Ethereum consultant.
- clr.fund Permissionless quadratic funding.
- Keli Callaghan Head of Marketing at Algorand.
- The Blockchain Association of New Jersey BANJ.
- Ejaaz Ahamadeen Product Manager at Coinbase.
- DAOrecords Reinventing the Record Label to Democratize the Music Industry.
- Aggregion Intellectual property licensing and rights governance.
- Alex Falko Managing Partner, CFO of Paradigm Fund.
- Techemy Capital BESPOKE DIGITAL ASSET INVESTMENT FIRM.
- Mirko Schmiedl Founder, CEO at Staking Rewards.