John Jansen, Bitcoin enthusiast, Amsterdam Exchange options trader in 1999. He is the architect of the exchange; driven by perfection and good is not enough. Heard about Bitcoin for the first time in the summer of 2012 and was immediately hooked. Started with buying some bitcoins and trading these on several exchanges. Not much later in early 2014 he had the idea to create a cryptocurrency futures and options trading platform. He met Sebastian (see below) and right away he knew it would be technically possible to together create an options exchange. That developed into a futures and options exchange called Deribit.
John: "As an Options exchange you need to give market makers the possibility to add or edit hundreds or even thousands of orders in a second with a minimum latency. It was a big challenge to create the basis for such a platform with direct market access via de web."
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/435126002348.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- ZK Sync Matter Labs’ trustless scaling & privacy engine built on ZK Rollup.
- Interstate Network Generalized optimistic roll-up to drive adoption and scalability of Ethereum.
- Bethereum Social betting platform built on the Blockchain.
- Zhuoxun Yin Head of Operations at dYdX.
- Delega Networks Blockchain as a Service.
- Ali Powell Video Producer at Coindesk.
- Colmena Labs Open space focused on blockchain technology.
- Mario Pino Uceda Working on Lunie and PolkaStats.
- PolkaStats Polkadot Kusama network statistics.
- Gautam Dhameja Solutions Architect at Parity Technologies.