Litecoin Cash was forked from Litecoin on 18 Feb 2018 at block 1371111, with a 10:1 Claim Ratio. For every 1 LTC held at the fork block, LTC holders could claim 10 LCC. If you held LTC at block 1371111 but haven't claimed yet, your LCC are still waiting for you!
After the fork block, Litecoin Cash switched to SHA256 proof-of-work hashes. This enables a new use for previously obsolete Bitcoin mining hardware. Mining difficulty is recalculated every block, using Evan Duffield's proven DarkGravity V3 for more predictable block times as well as network protection from multipool hopping. To prevent early dominant miners from having an unfair advantage, block rewards scaled up linearly over the first 2000 blocks.
The fork features replay attack protection & a new address prefix to prevent confusion and inter-chain issues.
LCC's target block time of 2.5 minutes gives 4 times the transaction bandwidth of Bitcoin, while transactions are 90% cheaper than Litecoin. HD wallets and native SegWit with bech32 addresses are fully supported.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/460782080666.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- ZK Sync Matter Labs’ trustless scaling & privacy engine built on ZK Rollup.
- Interstate Network Generalized optimistic roll-up to drive adoption and scalability of Ethereum.
- Bethereum Social betting platform built on the Blockchain.
- Zhuoxun Yin Head of Operations at dYdX.
- Delega Networks Blockchain as a Service.
- Ali Powell Video Producer at Coindesk.
- Colmena Labs Open space focused on blockchain technology.
- Mario Pino Uceda Working on Lunie and PolkaStats.
- PolkaStats Polkadot Kusama network statistics.
- Gautam Dhameja Solutions Architect at Parity Technologies.