Mediachain is a singular data fabric for open-first media applications.
It serves the role of a traditional database, but is a decentralized, global data layer for powering serverless applications.
It is a single port of entry for applications and users to publish, discover, and collaborate on media metadata.
With Mediachain, a group of museums can collaborate on cultural heritage data in a shared system, a cooperative of openly-licensed image sharing platforms can publish attribution information to a community-maintained ledger, a consortium of music industry organizations can share rights data without ceding control to a third party, and a developer can build a decentralized blogging platform without needing to run a centralized database.
Mediachain complements emerging technologies in the decentralized application protocol stack, where Ethereum is the logic layer, IPFS is the file system, and Mediachain is the database.
Unlike traditional DHT and blockchain-based systems, Mediachain scales efficiently when publishing billions of small records, and can accommodate use-cases like archiving high cardinality datasets or building internet-scale decentralized media applications.
In short, Mediachain lets developers build dynamic, social, and collaborative applications like the ones that defined Web 2.0, but in a completely decentralized way. With Mediachain, participants are in control of their identity and their data, and value is exchanged without intermediaries.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/584559371574.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- ZK Sync Matter Labs’ trustless scaling & privacy engine built on ZK Rollup.
- Interstate Network Generalized optimistic roll-up to drive adoption and scalability of Ethereum.
- Bethereum Social betting platform built on the Blockchain.
- Zhuoxun Yin Head of Operations at dYdX.
- Delega Networks Blockchain as a Service.
- Ali Powell Video Producer at Coindesk.
- Colmena Labs Open space focused on blockchain technology.
- Mario Pino Uceda Working on Lunie and PolkaStats.
- PolkaStats Polkadot Kusama network statistics.
- Gautam Dhameja Solutions Architect at Parity Technologies.