David Gogel is French-American, born and raised in Paris. David graduated from the Huntsman Program in International Studies & Business at the University of Pennsylvania / Wharton School with a concentration in Finance and a minor in Chinese. He later worked for 4 years in corporate development at AIG in New York, Tokyo, and Hong Kong before pursuing his MBA back at Wharton in 2016, where he focused on entrepreneurship and operations. David spent the summer working in corporate development at LinkedIn in San Francisco and the fall studying at Wharton’s SF campus where he immersed himself in Silicon Valley and the crypto community.
David first got into crypto in early 2016 after meeting the co-founder of BitMEX - Bitcoin Mercantile Exchange. After a short stint at an insurtech incubator in Singapore, he applied to business school with the goal of starting a fintech company. David became Co-President of Wharton FinTech, recorded several podcast interviews with startup founders and industry thought leaders, was involved with blockchain programming and the initial planning for the Penn Blockchain Club, and helped build out the fintech ecosystem on campus. He has deep interests in international business, tech, politics, entrepreneurship & travel.
Specialties: M&A, Corporate Strategy, Business Development, Blockchain, Crypto, Capital Markets, Insurance, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Innovation, Asia Pacific, China, Japan, France
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/596799660677.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- New Economies Interview blockchain experts, by Alice Hlidkova and Lucas Cervigni.
- Decred Community The Decred Drive.
- Edwina Huang Co-Founder of Phoenxt.
- BlockchainFiesta Understand. Trust. Disrupt.
- INATBA The International Association for Trusted Blockchain Applications.
- FortuneZ Markets, Crypto, Gaming News Publication.
- Emma Christina Rice Formerly Marketing Manager at StateZero Labs.
- Tokenomica A place to Invest, Trade, Issue, Offer smart securities.
- Caroline Komuhangi Formerly Programme Manager at STATEZERO LABS.
- BuiltUp Ventures The Building Blocks of Startup Nation Proptech.