I love coding, working with people and learning new technology. My first tech job was at Kamahi Electronics where I worked for 7 years. I was involved with many commercially successful product developments. I built, tested and fixed high end scientific equipment and designed multi-layer PCBs for complex mixed signal equipment. I used intuition, tenacity and knowledge from mulitple domains to diagnose and fix difficult technical issues. I learned embedded C programming for microcontrollers and my code is running in the wild on scientific, sporting and safety products.
While working at Kamahi Electronics I ran a small electronics production business with my brother. We contracted to Kamahi Electronics and shipped several hundred research quality scientific instruments to The Netherlands over two years.
After leaving Kamahi and moving to Wellington I worked as a freelance electronics and embedded developer, often contracting back to Kamahi or Hunter Safety Lab among others.
Most recently I worked as a facilitating teacher for Enspiral Dev Academy. In my time there I taught or helped teach more than 100 aspiring developers to code. The core of the work involved modelling and solving live coding problems in a classroom environment, but I also facilitated students through difficult conversations, group conflict and emotional breakdowns. My job required that I role modeled vulnerability and empathetic listening which are essential for effective student engagement. I loved working with teams of people, every team was different and had its own unique character.
I'm a full-stack web + embedded developer for hire, and a founding member of the Protozoa cooperative.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/712456271847.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Avalanche Open-source platform for launching dapps in a highly-scalable ecosystem.
- HBTC Chain Next-Generation Decentralized Custody and Clearing Technology.
- Z.com Stablecoin Currency for the Future.
- ZILD Protocol of mutual decentralized wealth.
- WGRT Decentralized financial system built on the bottom layer of public chain.
- Oasis Network Open Money, Open Finance, and now Open Data.
- Chase Wright Network Security Engineer, Totally not a developer.
- Archive Node Bring archive data on the Ethereum blockchain to small time developers.
- Graeme Thurgood CEO at InShare SMART Risk.
- Ghost Privacy-Focused & Decentralized Ecosystem.