Alex Iskold is Engineer, Immigrant. Vegan. 3x Founder, Managing Partner at 2048 Ventures. Previously ran Techstars in NYC, Founder/CEO of GetGlue (acquired by i.tv), founder/CEO of Information Laboratory (acquired by IBM), and Chief Architect DataSynapse (acquired by TIBCO).
Alex created GetGlue, the leading social TV network, backed by Union Square Ventures, RRE Ventures, TimeWarner Investments and Rho Ventures. GetGlue has been named breakout startup of 2011 by Mashable and Top 10 Video Innovator by FastCompany. In 2012 Hollywood reporter named Alex among top 50 digital power players.
Alex’s first startup, Information Laboratory, created a tool that helped software architects find problems in their code. IBM acquired the company in 2003, and much of Alex’s work made its way into widely used IBM Rational Developer and Architect products. In addition to being serial entrepreneur, Alex also contributed hundreds of articles to ReadWriteWeb, and taught an award-winning undergraduate software engineering class at NYU.
An engineer by training, Alex has deep passion and appreciation for startups, digital products and elegant code. He likes running, yoga, complex systems, Murakami books and red wine. Not necessarily in that order and not necessarily all together.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/759588972146.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Unusual Ventures Our founders are changing the future.
- Sean Li Co-founder, CEO at Magic Labs.
- What the Frac Fractionalised ownership in digital assets.
- Emiliano Bonassi Co-founder of DeFi Italy.
- Prysm Group Blockchain economics & governance design firm led by PhD economists.
- Sergio Mello CEO at Tangem.
- impactMarket The financial infrastructure for the new impact economy.
- Jordan Lazaro Gustave COO at Aave.
- pTokens The team behind $pBTC.
- Carsten Munk CTO at Zippie.