Drivechain allows BTC to travel back-and-forth to other software applications (called “sidechains”). Thus, BTC-owners can opt-in to new features or tradeoffs. Those who don’t opt-in, never need to care what any sidechain is doing.
As with the Lightning Network, DC-users move their coins into a “layer-2” – a zone where BTC can change hands an unlimited number of times. Eventually, just the net effect of these transfers is recorded back on layer-1.
Bitcoin Core can’t observe any layer-2 (by design), so we need a way to discourage fraudulent “netting”. LN counters theft via “justice transactions”; DC via forsaken mining revenues. LN-netting is private and instant; DC-netting is public and VERY slow (once per ~3 months).
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/780022667296.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Jelurida Think Blockchain. Experience Blockchain.
- Data For Science Take Control Of Your Data.
- Brian Hershey VC at Eight Roads Ventures.
- Guillaume Palayer Co-founder of BeToken Fund.
- DLTLAB Distributed Ledger Technology development studio.
- Astro Ledger Funding space grants with blockchain star naming.
- Craig Hawco Privacy and Machine Learning Engineer for CryptoNumerics.
- Infinity Blockchain Labs IBL.
- Project Hydro The Life of the New Global Decentralized Economy.
- EON Technology Flexible new generation blockchain technology.