Andy Yee is a technology policy expert. He is currently a Public Policy Director for Visa in Greater China, handling policy issues related to digital payments, economic growth and financial inclusion. Prior to Visa, he served for four years as a Public Policy Analyst for Google in Asia Pacific. This entailed internet policy issues including technology innovation, free expression, privacy and intellectual property. Earlier in his career, he has held permanent and visiting roles in public institutions and investment banks, including the Hong Kong Government, the European Union Delegation to China, UBS and Crédit Agricole. He is a University College London (UCL) Centre for Blockchain Technologies Research Fellow, and a Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) 2017 Abshire-Inamori Leadership Academy (AILA) International Fellow.
He is a published author on politics, technology, and Asia. His works have appeared in academic and policy journals including the Journal of Current Chinese Affairs, Global Asia and Internet Policy Review, and the media including Nikkei Asian Review, South China Morning Post and Asia Sentinel. He was a regular contributor to citizen media Global Voices and China blog ChinaGeeks. To date, his writing has been mentioned by publications such as The New York Times, the Guardian and IMF magazine Finance & Development.
He holds master’s and bachelor’s degrees in Information Engineering from the University of Cambridge, and a master’s degree in Pacific Asian Studies from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London. While at Cambridge, he spent a year on exchange at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He is a Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certified by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, and has completed the MIT Fintech: Future Commerce certificate course. He speaks Mandarin, English, Japanese and Cantonese.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/796294709946.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Philipp Sandner Head of the FSBC at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management.
- BitPiggys The first and only Bitcoin Piggy Bank to teach your children to save.
- Maciej Hirsz Core Interloper at Parity Technologies.
- Start9 Sovereign Computing.
- Mamy Ratsimbazafy Blockchain and Ethereum Research at Status.
- Mr Crypto Watches PUSH THE BOUNDARIES. ENCRYPT THE RULES.
- Anna Makota Love tech & art.
- Vega Wallet Simple And Secure Real-World Applications For Cryptocurrency.
- Rich Godwin Blockchain Program Lead at SEI.
- Tronics COMMUNITY SUPER REPRESENTATIVE.