Decred is a blockchain-based cryptocurrency with a strong focus on community input, open governance, and sustainable funding for development. It utilizes a hybrid Proof-of-Work (PoW) and Proof-of-Stake (PoS) mining system to ensure that a small group cannot dominate the flow of transactions or make changes to Decred without the input of the community. A unit of the currency is called a decred (DCR).
Since 2016, we have been thriving with the only decentralized monetary model that gives users a real voice. We believe that striking a balance between infrastructure owners and currency holders is the only way to build a robust currency now—and for the long-term.
Our platform is built from 100% proven technology. Our modular codebase allows us to enhance our offering with the latest technology without interruption of trading or loss of value. We are proud to say that Decred is completely independent, community funded, and community owned. Its hybrid consensus system ensures that no group can control the flow of transactions or make changes to the currency without the input of the community.
Decred has won accolades from industry experts, investors and the media. Hailed by Crypto Economy as “one of the most interesting current projects, both for the current characteristics and those that will be implemented in the near future,” we are working toward a future where infrastructure supports and empowers its users.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/873702695709.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- What the Frac Fractionalised ownership in digital assets.
- Emiliano Bonassi Co-founder of DeFi Italy.
- Prysm Group Blockchain economics & governance design firm led by PhD economists.
- Sergio Mello CEO at Tangem.
- impactMarket The financial infrastructure for the new impact economy.
- Jordan Lazaro Gustave COO at Aave.
- pTokens The team behind $pBTC.
- Carsten Munk CTO at Zippie.
- Bitcoin Tuesday Nonprofits who accept crypto donations are at the forefront of adoption.
- Edson Ayllon Project management at Ethereum Cat Herders.