Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency that enables instant payments to anyone, anywhere in the world. Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority: transaction management and money issuance are carried out collectively by the network.
The original Bitcoin software by Satoshi Nakamoto was released under the MIT license. Most client software, derived or "from scratch", also use open source licensing.
Bitcoin is the first successful implementation of a distributed crypto-currency, described in part in 1998 by Wei Dai on the cypherpunks mailing list. Building upon the notion that money is any object, or any sort of record, accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context, Bitcoin is designed around the idea of using cryptography to control the creation and transfer of money, rather than relying on central authorities.
Bitcoins have all the desirable properties of a money-like good. They are portable, durable, divisible, recognizable, fungible, scarce and difficult to counterfeit.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/893722430764.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Privacy by Blockchain Design Develop and consult on data privacy solutions for blockchain ecosystem.
- Adina Popescu Founder and CEO at ÆRTH.
- Niftytown Live cryptogoods auctions every day at noon Pacific.
- Mitchell Opatowsky Co-founder, PM and Coder at BUIDLHub.
- BUIDLHub A nocode tool to integrate blockchain in minutes.
- Informal Systems Verifiable distributed systems and organizations.
- David Grider Lead Digital Strategist at Fundstrat.
- Concordium Regulatory-compliant. Industry-grade Blockchain.
- Beatrice O'Carroll COO & Co-Founder at Reciprocity Trading.
- Kryptohelden The attempt to learn while educating the world on blockchain.