Barry Silbert is the Founder and CEO of Digital Currency Group. Sitting at the epicenter of the bitcoin and blockchain industry, DCG is a global enterprise that builds, supports, and invests in companies all over the world.
A pioneer in bitcoin investing, Barry established himself in 2012 as one of the earliest and most active investors in the industry. In 2015, he founded DCG and today, DCG is one of the industry’s most prolific investors, backing more than 120 companies in 30 countries around the world, including Coinbase, Ripple, BitPay, and Circle.
In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG owns Grayscale Investments (the largest asset manager in the industry with ~$2 billion in AUM), Genesis Trading (the largest regulated OTC crypto trader), and CoinDesk (the preeminent media and events company in the space). DCG also invests directly in digital currencies and other digital assets.
Prior to DCG, Barry was the founder and CEO of SecondMarket, a venture-backed technology company that was acquired by Nasdaq. Barry has received numerous awards and accolades including being named Entrepreneur of the Year by both Ernst & Young and Crain's, and being selected to Fortune’s prestigious "40 under 40" list.
Before becoming an entrepreneur, Barry worked as an investment banker in New York. He graduated with honors from the Goizueta Business School of Emory University.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/925566548357.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Auryn Macmillan Ethereum consultant.
- clr.fund Permissionless quadratic funding.
- Keli Callaghan Head of Marketing at Algorand.
- The Blockchain Association of New Jersey BANJ.
- Ejaaz Ahamadeen Product Manager at Coinbase.
- DAOrecords Reinventing the Record Label to Democratize the Music Industry.
- Aggregion Intellectual property licensing and rights governance.
- Alex Falko Managing Partner, CFO of Paradigm Fund.
- Techemy Capital BESPOKE DIGITAL ASSET INVESTMENT FIRM.
- Mirko Schmiedl Founder, CEO at Staking Rewards.