Jae Kwon is a blockchain software architect and co-founder of Tendermint, and the president of the Interchain Foundation.
After graduating from Cornell in 2005 with a B.S. degree in computer science, he worked as a professional developer in Silicon Valley, including at Alexa, and at Yelp where he led the mobile application development team. He also cofounded iDoneThis, a productivity service.
Jae has been working on a project he created in 2014, called Tendermint. He initially invented and refined (with Ethan Buchman and Zarko Milosevic) the Tendermint consensus algorithm and implementation with the aim of liberating the blockchain from the costs and drawbacks of proof-of-work mining. His mission is to make this technology more accessible, in order to accelerate the adoption of decentralized ledger technology.
Jae is also the President of the Interchain Foundation, based in Zug, Switzerland. The Interchain Foundation (aka ICF) was founded with the mission to promote the vision of Cosmos, the internet of blockchains, to enable public blockchain interoperability and scalability.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/929051526374.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Unusual Ventures Our founders are changing the future.
- Sean Li Co-founder, CEO at Magic Labs.
- What the Frac Fractionalised ownership in digital assets.
- Emiliano Bonassi Co-founder of DeFi Italy.
- Prysm Group Blockchain economics & governance design firm led by PhD economists.
- Sergio Mello CEO at Tangem.
- impactMarket The financial infrastructure for the new impact economy.
- Jordan Lazaro Gustave COO at Aave.
- pTokens The team behind $pBTC.
- Carsten Munk CTO at Zippie.