Kevin Chou is the founding CEO of Forte, a new blockchain venture backed by a16z crypto, Coinbase Ventures, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners, Altos, Translink, 1confirmation, Green Bay, Fred Ehrsam and many other prominent blockchain and gaming investors. Forte's mission is to build a more collaborative future in gaming by realigning the economic relationship between players and developers.
Kevin currently serves as the Chairman of Gen.G, a new esports enterprise bridging Asia and North America. He was the founding CEO of Gen.G, and hired Chris Park to succeed him in January 2019. Gen.G is the parent company of Seoul Dynasty in the Overwatch League, as well as the former 2017 League of Legends world champions Samsung Galaxy. Gen.G esports is Kevin's second entrepreneurial venture.
Previously, Kevin was CEO and co-founder of Kabam, a top developer of mobile games. Kevin led the company from business plan founding to over $400M in annual revenue serving over 500 million players. Kabam developed leading partnerships with Marvel, Star Wars, Fast & Furious, Lord of the Rings, and Hunger Games. Kabam was profitable from 2012 until the sale of the company's studios to Netmarble, 21st Century Fox, and GAEA, which in total generated nearly $1 billion in value.
Prior to founding Kabam, Kevin was a venture capitalist at the VC firm Canaan Partners investing in consumer internet and digital media.
Kevin Chou graduated magna cum laude from the UC Berkeley undergraduate Haas School of Business program. He serves on the Board of Trustees at UC Berkeley.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/935949806353.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- What the Frac Fractionalised ownership in digital assets.
- Emiliano Bonassi Co-founder of DeFi Italy.
- Prysm Group Blockchain economics & governance design firm led by PhD economists.
- Sergio Mello CEO at Tangem.
- impactMarket The financial infrastructure for the new impact economy.
- Jordan Lazaro Gustave COO at Aave.
- pTokens The team behind $pBTC.
- Carsten Munk CTO at Zippie.
- Bitcoin Tuesday Nonprofits who accept crypto donations are at the forefront of adoption.
- Edson Ayllon Project management at Ethereum Cat Herders.