Established in 1987 and headquartered in Hsinchu Science Park, Taiwan, TSMC pioneered the pure-play foundry business model by focusing solely on manufacturing customers’ products. By choosing not to design, manufacture or market any semiconductor products under its own name, the Company ensures that it never competes directly with its customers. Today, TSMC is the world’s largest semiconductor foundry, manufacturing 9,920 different products using 258 distinct technologies for 465 different customers in 2017.
In December 2009, TSMC purchased a 20% stake in Motech, for a sum of approximately $193 million.
The Company is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) under ticker number 2330, and its American Depositary Shares (ADSs) are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol TSM.
TSMC deploys its 7nm on conventional lithography and then deploys an EUV flavor of the node. TSMC is now producing its 7nm chips for Apple’s A12 Bionic and Huawei’s Kirin 980, and Crypto Mining Manufacturers.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/951692528624.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Martina Krung Full Stack Crypto Analyst since 2011.
- Tiiqu Added Identity derived by blockchain-based credentials.
- Ben Floyd Head of OTC Sales & Trading at Coinbase.
- Moonshot Capital
- Jonny Huxtable Co-Founder at LinkPool.
- The Signal We know what's beyond the Horizon.
- Kevin Monahan President at MyCrypto.
- EAL EtherAddressLookup.
- Harry Denley Security Researcher at MyCrypto.
- ENS Portal Get a vanity name for your blockchain addresses at a very low cost!