Charlie Lee is Creator of Litecoin, ex-Director of Engineering at Coinbase.
Lee created Litecoin while working at Google, where he served as a Software Engineer. He worked on YouTube, Chrome, and Play Games.
Although Lee was immediately excited by cryptocurrency, he was unhappy with the early altcoins. He claimed that most didn’t offer any true differences or advantages over Bitcoin.
Thus, Lee created Litecoin in 2011. Its Scrypt proof of work function was meant to keep mining distributed and fair. Unlike most altcoins at the time, Litecoin was launched publically and had no premine. Lee also cut Litecoin’s block time from Bitcoin’s 10 minutes to 2.5 minutes.
Despite being the creator of Litecoin, Lee claims “that in order for Litecoin to succeed, Bitcoin must first become adopted by the mass”. He currently spends about 95% of his time working on Bitcoin projects.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/960001699910.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Tara Lin Working at Slate.
- Slate An open source storage network for people.
- Ethan Chiasson Founder of WeatherDEX.
- WeatherDEX The Decentralized Exchange For The Weather Market.
- Variable Creating trust in a trust-less world.
- Radical A trackable crypto-asset fund.
- Him Gajria Managing Partner at Radical.
- OP Games Competitive game tournaments made easy.
- Brink DeFi Without Gas.
- Boxscores Scalable platform accessing a virtually unlimited sports content catalog.