Charlie Lee is Creator of Litecoin, ex-Director of Engineering at Coinbase.
Lee created Litecoin while working at Google, where he served as a Software Engineer. He worked on YouTube, Chrome, and Play Games.
Although Lee was immediately excited by cryptocurrency, he was unhappy with the early altcoins. He claimed that most didn’t offer any true differences or advantages over Bitcoin.
Thus, Lee created Litecoin in 2011. Its Scrypt proof of work function was meant to keep mining distributed and fair. Unlike most altcoins at the time, Litecoin was launched publically and had no premine. Lee also cut Litecoin’s block time from Bitcoin’s 10 minutes to 2.5 minutes.
Despite being the creator of Litecoin, Lee claims “that in order for Litecoin to succeed, Bitcoin must first become adopted by the mass”. He currently spends about 95% of his time working on Bitcoin projects.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/960001699910.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Unusual Ventures Our founders are changing the future.
- Sean Li Co-founder, CEO at Magic Labs.
- What the Frac Fractionalised ownership in digital assets.
- Emiliano Bonassi Co-founder of DeFi Italy.
- Prysm Group Blockchain economics & governance design firm led by PhD economists.
- Sergio Mello CEO at Tangem.
- impactMarket The financial infrastructure for the new impact economy.
- Jordan Lazaro Gustave COO at Aave.
- pTokens The team behind $pBTC.
- Carsten Munk CTO at Zippie.