Alex Danco lives in Toronto, and up until recently was at Social Capital.
My very first 'real job' was sales in a very difficult environment - door to door soliciting for the Vermont Public Interest Research Group, supporting environmental, health care, and other important causes. This is a hard job (asking for money on the spot in exchange for next to nothing isn't easy) and most people last two or three days before quitting. I did it for three summers, and broke a few records in the process. By my third year, after having been promoted to Field Manager, I was bringing in more money each night than anyone in the history of that branch office while also managing a team of five every night, at age 19. It was fun.
Since then I've toured in a band that hit the charts, published internationally award winning scientific research, started a venture, raised money, and built some awesome teams- but this first sales job is one I'm still very proud of.
I also write a weekly newsletter, which is a continuation of the Snippets newsletter I wrote at Social Capital. It comes out every Sunday; you can subscribe to it at danco.substack.com.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/972585348887.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Sean Brennan Developer Relations Lead at Infura.
- BTCINDEX Cryptocurrency Market Research.
- Sina Mahmoodi Software engineer at Ethereum.
- Crevatal Crevate with us.
- Mounir Benchemled Founder of ParaSwap.
- Creary Blockchain-based creative network that rewards authors and curators.
- Matheus Alencar dApp Developer at Kleros.
- UBI Research Money is a commons.
- Aleeza Howitt Independent researcher & writer specializing in social impact projects.
- Crea Creative chain.