Dr. Cristie Ford’s research focuses primarily on regulatory governance as it relates to international, US and Canadian financial and securities regulation. Prior to joining UBC, Professor Ford practiced law at Guild Yule LLP in Vancouver and Davis Polk and Wardwell LLP in New York. She obtained her graduate degrees from Columbia Law School, where she also taught in a variety of capacities.
Professor Ford edited Regulation & Governance from 2012 through 2015 and now sits on its Executive Board, among other editorial and advisory boards. She has served on several occasions as a consultant to the Canadian Department of Finance ,and her work has been cited by the Supreme Court of Canada in some of its leading cases. She has lectured across North America and in Europe, Australia, and Israel. She has been a Killam Faculty Research Fellow at UBC, a Plumer Research Fellow at St. Anne’s, Oxford University; and a Fernand Braudel Senior Research Fellow at the European University Institute. In 2015/2016 she received the faculty’s George Curtis Memorial Award for Teaching Excellence. Professor Ford is Associate Dean, Research and the Legal Profession, as of July 1, 2019.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/978932198137.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Jelurida Think Blockchain. Experience Blockchain.
- Data For Science Take Control Of Your Data.
- Brian Hershey VC at Eight Roads Ventures.
- Guillaume Palayer Co-founder of BeToken Fund.
- DLTLAB Distributed Ledger Technology development studio.
- Astro Ledger Funding space grants with blockchain star naming.
- Craig Hawco Privacy and Machine Learning Engineer for CryptoNumerics.
- Infinity Blockchain Labs IBL.
- Project Hydro The Life of the New Global Decentralized Economy.
- EON Technology Flexible new generation blockchain technology.