A peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol to make the web faster, safer, and more open.
HTTP downloads a file from a single computer at a time, instead of getting pieces from multiple computers simultaneously. With video delivery, a P2P approach could save 60% in bandwidth costs.
IPFS makes it possible to distribute high volumes of data with high efficiency. And zero duplication means savings in storage.
The average lifespan of a web page is 100 days. Remember GeoCities? The web doesn't anymore. It's not good enough for the primary medium of our era to be so fragile.
IPFS keeps every version of your files and makes it simple to set up resilient networks for mirroring of data.
The Internet has been one of the great equalizers in human history and a real accelerator of innovation. But the increasing consolidation of control is a threat to that.
IPFS remains true to the original vision of the open and flat web, but delivers the technology which makes that vision a reality.
Developing world. Offline. Natural disasters. Intermittent connections. All trivial compared to interplanetary networking. The networks we're using are so 20th Century. We can do better.
IPFS powers the creation of diversely resilient networks which enable persistent availability with or without Internet backbone connectivity.
IPFS aims to replace HTTP and build a better web for all of us.
Sign up now to get your own personalized crypto world!Sign up
<iframe src="https://embed.block123.com/embed/s/992805194674.htm" style="border: none;" width="490" height="164" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Auryn Macmillan Ethereum consultant.
- clr.fund Permissionless quadratic funding.
- Keli Callaghan Head of Marketing at Algorand.
- The Blockchain Association of New Jersey BANJ.
- Ejaaz Ahamadeen Product Manager at Coinbase.
- DAOrecords Reinventing the Record Label to Democratize the Music Industry.
- Aggregion Intellectual property licensing and rights governance.
- Alex Falko Managing Partner, CFO of Paradigm Fund.
- Techemy Capital BESPOKE DIGITAL ASSET INVESTMENT FIRM.
- Mirko Schmiedl Founder, CEO at Staking Rewards.